To celebrate the continued spread of our Retweet Button we are having stickers made in the shape of the button. We think the button is now quite iconic but we wanted to have a bit of fun with them as well, we decided to come up with some phrases that go along with each ‘retweet’ count. So for instance 666 is ‘The Devil made me Tweet it’.
We thought it would be a lot more interesting if we ran a competition that allowed you all to suggest ideas. So the rules are thus,
- Pick a number, between 1 and 99999
- Come up with a quote that is funny, thought provoking, geeky, etc.
- The quote does have to fit on the button, so the longer it is the smaller font that will have to be used. (which would upset @dtsn)
- You have until 9am 3rd July (GMT) to submit your entry via the comments on this blog post
We will potentially use any of the ideas you come up with, but the top 3 ideas we will give a prize to.
- First Prize – 50 stickers (with the relevant retweet count + text they suggested)
- Second Prize – 25 stickers
- Third Prize – 10 stickers
The TweetMeme team will be judging the entries, and will be looking for originality, humour, idioicy, geekyness, and deliberate obscureness. The judges decisions is final (blah blah). We will put up a blog post tomorrow announcing the winners and linking to their twitter profile (you dont have one? what?)
Lastly please share this post (via the retweet button! btw – the big button is not clickable )
UPDATE: We have put up a poll for some of the best suggestions so far.
UPDATE 2: Competition is now CLOSED – will post the results soon.