We continually listen to what publishers want and a repeat request is to support mobile users. The problem with mobile is that a large proportion of users use Twitter applications to do their tweeting. So today we would like to announce that we are supporting native retweeting on iPhone Android and Blackberry.
When we serve a retweet button to a mobile browser we switch it to a mobile specific version – and when the user clicks the button it sends them to a screen that lets them choose the mobile application that they use. And for users who do not yet have a Twitter app – we suggest a few to use. And if you do use Twitter on your mobile browser we can redirect to that as well. And of course we remember your choice for any further retweeting.
And just a quick reminder why we server over 120 million retweet buttons a day.
- 80% of our users now use our OAuth retweet button, this means that the user never leaves your website.
- Support for 15 Short URL services
- Support for RSS / Email buttons
- Free Retweet Analytics + PRO Analytics
- The recognised brand for retweeting
Look out for the new release early next week.