We are very happy today to be releasing our Twitter real-time deep link search. (quick link: http://search.tweetmeme.com ) We have been quietly building up an infrastructure that could leverage all the work we have previously done on aggregating all the links from Twitter and deep delving those links to find content and media.
We launch today with the ability to search 15+ million links which we have deep searched for content, this not only includes the text from web pages and blog posts but also videos and images.
Although the ability to keep our index totally real-time is great we also believe that the delivery of relevance is still just as important, our default search results are based upon a clever combination of newness, retweets and some other weighting factors. This means results tend to be recent and relevant but at the same time the most popular. We do also offer search by ‘Age’. Lastly you can sort the results purely by ‘retweets’ to give you the most relevant results based upon its popularity on Twitter.
Here is a quick bullet point of the key features of our search,
- Real-time search – our indexer picks up stories as they come out of Twitter
- Boolean operators (& | – ! and grouping) – explained below
- Sort by Best Match
- Sort by Age
- Sort by Retweet Count
- Filter by Category
- Filter by Media (News, Images, Videos)
- Filter by Age (recent links first)
- Filter by Tweets (e.g. 100+ retweets)
- Filter by Channel (e.g. apple, start-ups)
- RSS – you can subscribe to any of the search results
- Retweet – you can retweet the links you find without leaving the site (if you are logged in via OAuth)
Some guidelines on how to use our search -> http://help.tweetmeme.com/2009/05/11/search-guidelines/
Lastly we will soon expose the engine via our API so that other developers can leverage the results.
See what the press have said already:
- TechCrunch: Tweetmeme Launches The Second Real-Time Tweet Link Search — This Hour
- VentureBeat: TweetMeme’s latest Twitter search tools take on Scoopler, OneRiot
- Mashable: Tweetmeme Shows Off the Future of Twitter Search
- Louis Gray: http://www.louisgray.com/live/2009/05/tweetmeme-launches-real-time-search.html
- CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/05/12/future.search.engine/index.html?iref=t2test_techtues
Or just search on TweetMeme